‘Nutella’ Smoothie BowlChocolate and nuts are just the dream combination! In this stunning smoothie bowl we’ve combined our classic healthy Nutella recipe with a favourite go-to smoothie. We then put it into a bowl, topped it with goodness and devoured it with a spoon, #yummy.
For the Nutella (makes a 400ml jar)
250g hazelnuts (reserve a few nuts to garnish the bowl with)
100g maple syrup
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp cacao nibs
Pinch sea salt
For the smoothie bowl (serves one)
2 tbsp homemade Nutella
Top up with almond milk
1 tsp cacao powder
1 small banana (tip: use frozen for an ice cold smoothie!)
1 scoop organic whey protein
Strawberries, cacao nibs and extra hazelnuts to garnish
- Roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees.
- Then add to a food processor for around 5 minutes, until they completely break down and start to go oily.
- Then add the maple syrup, cacao powder, cacao nibs and sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Lastly, add water until you reach the desired consistency, pop into a glass jar and keep in the fridge.
- To make the smoothie, combine all ingredients into a blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with cacao nibs and hazelnuts for extra crunch, and strawberry slices for sweetness.